The stuff that really matters ♥ Art ♥ Fabric ♥ Yarn ♥ Coffee ♥

3.19.2012

Seedlings Twenty Twelve




So last year I had every intention of starting plants from seeds. I bought the seeds, the dirt, and even had quite a collection of cardboard egg cartons. It. Never. Happened... So this year I actually put "start seeds" in my calendar. Yes, you read that correctly. And with the weather being absolutely perfect in Michigan (a rarity, I know), I started my seeds. The first step was to soak them overnight in a hydrogen peroxide/distilled water mixture to get the seeds to germinate faster. This little tidbit comes from the Urban Gardener here. I should have taken pictures of the seeds in their little cups. Some of them were geminating within hours. I soaked all of mine for 24 hours.
This year I am planting:
Annie's Heirloom Seeds - Mexican Sour Gherkin Cucumber, Koralik Tomato, Piatta d'Italia Onion, Annie's Lettuce Blend, and Annie's Radish Mix
Burpee - Simpson Elite Lettuce, Sugar Snap Peas, Carnival Mix Peppers, Roma Tomato, and Super Sweet 100 Hybrid Tomato
Ferry Morse - Grand Rapids Lettuce
Livingston Seed Co - Top Crop Bush Bean and Sweet Basil Herb
And finally, Sugar Snap Peas from my friend Corrie's 2010 crop.
Yes, I love sugar snap peas.

No comments: